Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mea Culpa ... or ...You've got some 'splaining to do Lucy!!

Linda's Mandavilla
Hmmmmmm.... it's about this technical stuff gang!!!  I hope I haven't succeeded in totally confusing you guys with the pics on the various posts recently.  I've mentioned before that I'm not the most "technically savvy" guy on the block - and - I've
Palmetto Palm - Hilton Head
also noted that we are using several different methods to initiate our posts to the blog.  Wellllll... that means that I've got to be somewhat "flexible" with the methods I use when posting.  And that, my friends, is way  easier said than done. 
Here's the problem .... I didn't even know about things like "Picasa" or "Best Album" when we started the blog.  And, the peculiarities of those sites were totally foreign to me!!!  Consequently, as we started putting photos on the posts
Canada's Glacier National Park
Johnathan L. Seagull
we quickly realized that they were going to be controlled by the whims of the sites that were storing the pictures for us.  And - since I didn't take the time to learn about the finer points of those sites - I wound up putting photos in some rather weird places!!!!  The result was that the ongoing "slide shows" we had put on the blog wound up including a bunch of photos that didn't have anything to do with the title of the slideshow!!!  And when we tried to move the photos into folders that were more correctly named, they disappeared from the posts!!!!  It happened with videos too! 
The methods we used included some "YouTube" videos and some that are straight from the computer.    (We also wound up exceeding the capacity of our space on the sites rather quickly!!  But, we're learning.)   Now ... Our posts go back for several years and we have tried to set things up so that you could easily scroll backward through the various trips if you choose to do so.  But
Sunset At Sherwood's Condo - Litchfield Beach
- we realize that there is a bunch of narrative out there too.  So, if you want to look at thephotos and you don't want to mess with going back through the various posts (although I encourage you to do so) try going to "picasaweb.google.com" and searching for the SCTravelersX3 photos. 

Believe me folks, I really don't fully understand how everything is stored out there so you're on your own when you get there.  But, when you do, I think you will find an absolute treasure trove of beautiful photos.  The folks who put stuff out there on Picasa are awesome!!!!

 So - as I was thinking about all this - and reviewing the photos I have successfully screwed up
Litchfield Beach
from time to time - I found a number of pictures that I don't think we've shared with you.  I'm going to sprinkle some in this post so you can get a look at them and we'll try to go back and re-visit them from time to time.  Anyway - just wanted you to know about our "techno-challenges."  It won't be long before we're ready to go again - so - stand by!!!!  See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would enjoy hearing from you if you would like to send us a note!!